Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lifecam Slow Install Slow Pc - Is It The Modem?

Slow pc - is it the modem? - lifecam slow install

I have a PC that was built for me by a friend in November with a view to it could be a "friend" is installed with Windows Vista and I use OneCare (all reliable). Internet was initially slow, but has in recent times very slowly - it is almost unusable. Since the PC, I added a printer and a LifeCam Olivetti MS. The first page of "Home" is particularly slow (I have MSN and the BBC as my homepage, and equally bad) and write in the search through the alphabet appear much slower than writing. How to determine what is causing this problem? The closure of these processes with a sidebar, etc. make no difference LifeCam. Is it the modem? It is the only one that came with my broadband wanndooorange - Thomson SpeedTouch330 2272kbs - 288kb said upstream and downstream.

8 comments:

froggerp... said...

The modem is used mainly for Internet, which are likely the amount of RAM and disk space on the drive to ensure that could hinder the computer.

Try to remove stuff from the drive and then install the new RAM and better specifications of your computer

Phillip said...

I think I've downloaded too many programs or you need a graphics card or video

dookoo_g... said...

Could U Teall me ur PC?

RAM, VGA, CPU, etc.

JD said...

99% chance that this is a kind of spyware or peer-to-peer program with their bandwidth.

Get a good spyware scanner immediately.

Also that an examination of processes, type the name into Google.

I assume that installing an antivirus software you have. These days you can not with the lower security.

Sonshine... said...

Mine is the same, and unfortunately, because they no more room. Yes, you also invite!

Reece F said...

You can use a virus of some sort, that I am not sure, have, because even with an anti-virus, it is still possible to have a virus. when you say you write a search box and go slow is not being caused by the modem, or if you cause a small amount of RAM that are to be fitted with at least 2 GB of RAM for Vista, I can reccomened 'm a fan of Vista, because I have used and still frozen and everything.

jeffrey_... said...

Well, you can try another computer and see if it works faster or if it is still slow. You can try replacing the network card to see whether this is a bottleneck. I suggest that you monitor your network card PCI-e to use this way you can know that it is not. Once again, try to see a different computer. Or you can ping an address and see how fast the packets get to there. cmd / ping?

vimesfan... said...

The modem did not affect the speed of the computer. Only the speed of downloads from the Internet.


I search for spyware and viruses. Check to see how and what programs you use, and if you get rid of something.

Post a Comment